How do I download Windows 8 1 on my laptop?
Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page to upgrade to Windows 8 with a product key and then click the light blue “Install Windows 8” button. Step 2: Start the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted. Continue the setup process until it starts downloading Windows 8.
Can I download Windows 8.1 for free?
If your computer is currently running Windows 8, You can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free. After you’ve installed Windows 8.1, we recommend upgrading your computer to Windows 10, which is also a free upgrade.
How can I install Windows 8 on my PC for free?
Microsoft’s own Windows Virtual PC is free, but does not accept Windows 8 as a guest. Instead, you can Use the VirtualBox from Oracle or the VMWare Player 4.0 from VMWare. Both are free and both support Windows 8. To get started, the first thing you should do is download the beta version of Windows 8, also known as the Consumer Preview, as an ISO file.
How do I download Windows 8.1 without a product key?
Download Windows 8.1 Pro legally without a product key:
- Go to the Windows Media Creation Tool page on the Microsoft website and hit the “Create Media” button to get this little app to start the download.
- After the download is complete, run the executable file and select the correct options.
How do I upgrade to Windows 8?
How to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1
- Make sure your PC has all the latest Windows updates. …
- Open the Windows Store app.
- Click the Update to Windows 8.1 button. …
- Click the Download button to confirm. …
- Click Restart Now when prompted. …
- Click “I Agree” when the license terms are displayed.
Is Windows 8.1 still safe to use?
If you want to keep using Windows 8 or 8.1, you can – it’s still a very secure operating system. … Given this tool’s ability to migrate, it looks like migration from Windows 8 / 8.1 to Windows 10 will be supported until at least January 2023 – but it’s no longer free.
How do I activate Windows 8 without a product key?
Activate Windows 8 without the Windows 8 serial key
- You will find a code on the website. Copy and paste it into a notepad.
- Go to file, save the document as “Windows8.cmd”
- Now right click on the saved file and run the file as administrator.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop?
Insert the Windows 8 installation CD into the internal / external DVD or BD reader. Turn on your computer. From the home screen, press [F12] on your keyboard to bring up the boot menu. After you have called up the boot menu, select the DVD or BD reader into which you insert the installation CD.
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB stick?
How to install Windows 8 or 8.1 from a USB device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download and install the Windows USB / DVD Download Tool from Microsoft. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse in Step 1 of 4: Select ISO File Screen.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without a CD drive?
How to install Windows without a CD / DVD drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from an ISO file on a bootable USB storage device. To install Windows from any USB storage device, you must first create a bootable ISO file of the Windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows with your bootable device.
How do I find my Win 8.1 product key?
Enter the following command in either the Command Prompt window or PowerShell: wmic path softwarelicensingservice receive OA3xOriginalProductKey and confirm the command with “Enter”. The program gives you the product key so you can write it down or just copy and paste it somewhere.
Does Windows 8.1 need a product key?
Windows 8.1 isn’t free unless you’ve already installed Windows 8 and activated it with a legitimate product key. You can download it for free, but you can Use it, you need to buy a product key. Microsoft no longer sells Windows 8 / 8.1.
How do I get a product key for Windows 8.1?
So you could go to www.microsoftstore.com and buy a downloadable version of Windows 8.1. You will receive an email with the product key that you can use and you can just ignore the actual file (never download it).
Is Windows 8 still available?
From July 2019, the Windows 8 Store is officially closed. While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can still use the applications you have already installed. However, since Windows 8 was no longer supported as of January 2016, we recommend that you upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free.
How do I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8?
Press Start → All Programs. When the program list appears, search for “Windows Update” and click to run. Click on “Check for Updates”.“To download the necessary updates. Install updates for your system.
How can I switch my Windows 7 to Windows 8?
How to buy a Windows 8.1 upgrade as a direct digital download.
- Navigate to the Windows Store, select Buy Windows, and choose Download Upgrade To DVD.
- Select the appropriate Windows version.
- Click “Buy Now And Download”.
- Click on Checkout.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. …
- Enter payment information.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about How do I download Windows 8 1 on my laptop?. Did you find it helpful? Do you have any doubts? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#download #Windows #laptop
He is a Tech Savy Gamer who burn his calorie by sharing his knowledge through this blog, specializing in Web Developer, Design, Programming web applications and various other tech skills. He loves to play different types of Games in his free time.