How do I find Apache directory in Linux?
Where is Apache directory on Linux?
The Usual Places
- /etc/httpd/httpd. conf.
- /etc/httpd/conf/httpd. conf.
- /usr/local/apache2/apache2. conf —if you’ve compiled from source, Apache is installed to /usr/local/ or /opt/ , rather than /etc/.
Where is my Apache root directory?
1 answer. The default document root for Apache is /var/www/ (before Ubuntu 14.04) or /var/www/html/ (Ubuntu 14.04 and later). See the file /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.
Where does Apache store files?
Apache is, by default, installed in /etc/httpd directory.
How do I use find in Linux?
- find . – name thisfile.txt. If you need to know how to find a file in Linux called thisfile. …
- find /home -name *.jpg. look for all . jpg files in the /home and directories below it.
- find . – type f -empty. Look for an empty file inside the current directory.
- find /home -user randomperson-mtime 6 -iname “.db”
What is document root in Linux?
The DocumentRoot is the top-level directory in the document tree visible from the web and this directive sets the directory in the configuration from which Apache2 or HTTPD looks for and serves web files from the requested URL to the document root. For example: DocumentRoot “/var/www/html”
How do I change var directory?
- To change Apache’s root directory, run: cd /etc/apache2/sites-available.
- Then open the 000-default.conf file using the command: nano 000-default.conf.
- Edit the DocumentRoot option: DocumentRoot /path/to/my/project.
- Then restart the apache server: sudo service apache2 restart.
Which of the following is the main Apache data directory?
Apache keeps all its configuration information in text files. The main file is called httpd. conf.
What’s the command to stop Apache?
- Log in as the application user.
- Type apcb.
- If apache was run as the application user: Type ./apachectl stop.
How do I use Apache?
How to Set Up Apache Server in Linux
- Update your system repositories. This involves downloading the most recent version of a software by updating the Ubuntu repositories’ local package index. …
- Install Apache by using the “apt” command. For this example, let’s use Apache2. …
- Verify Apache has been successfully installed.
Where are html files stored in Linux?
The default folder that it serves the HTML files from is /var/www . For example, /var/www/test. html would be http://localhost/test.html .
How do I access Apache config file?
1Log in to your website with the root user via a terminal and navigate to the configuration files in the folder located at /etc/httpd/ by typing cd /etc/httpd/. Open the httpd. conf file by typing vi httpd. conf.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about How do I find Apache directory in Linux?. Did you find it helpful? Do you have any doubts? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#find #Apache #directory #Linux
He is a Tech Savy Gamer who burn his calorie by sharing his knowledge through this blog, specializing in Web Developer, Design, Programming web applications and various other tech skills. He loves to play different types of Games in his free time.