Skyrim or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a popular video game launched by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. This version is the 5th part of “The Elder Scrolls”. The first part was released in 2011. Here’s a short tutorial on “How To Install Skyrim mods“.
Install Skyrim Mods with few Steps
The game consists of a guy called, Dragonborn who is on the mission to kill the Alduin, who is eating away the world. The prophecy says this is the Dragon who will destroy the world. The game has lots of interesting mods in it, like the Nexus mod and others. These mods enhance the visual and combat appeal. In this article, we will be explaining, How to Install Skyrim Mods.
For Installing mods, you need to create an account first on the Nexus Skyrim website.
First Create a Nexus Account
Here’s how you can create an account in Nexus Skyrim website.
- Go to its official website. nexusmods.com. This site is the best for modding and has the largest repository of mods for Skyrim. A lot of mods can be found here.
- Click on the login or Sign Up button if available. Website changes from time to time, so search accordingly.
- Click on “Register here”. A form will open up fill in with appropriate details.
- A verification mail will be sent to your mailbox, click on the link and then you have successfully created an account.
- After signing up, you will be asked to subscribe to plans. Click on ” I will stay with my basic plan”.
Moving on to Setting up Skyrim Installation
If you have already installed Skyrim, feel free to skip this part.
- You need to create a new directory in C drive. Name that directory as “Steam 2”. Name it whatever you want, just remember the name of the directory.
- Create another folder with the name “Skyrim mods”, in the same directory as of “steam 2”.
- Now you need to add these folders to Steam. Open Steam.
- Go to Settings, now go to Downloads tab and then click on “Add libraries to Steam” or “Steam Libraries”.
- Now add the 2 folders you just created.
- Browse to the Skyrim folder and now it will be available for install.
- Right-click Skyrim in your library and select install. If it has been installed previously, then you need to uninstall it and reinstall the Skyrim folder.
Make sure to read our article on How to Disable any Anti-Virus
Installing a few Essential Modding Files
- Go to nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/? This tool will help you in managing your mods
- Click on download Manual, then download the installer version of the latest package. Install the app.
- While installing the app, make sure to set the installation directory to Skyrim 2.
- Now run Mod manager, we can find it in the directory we installed our tool.
- It will give a prompt saying, Handle NXM files. Allow handling.
- Visit the site skse.silverlock.org, and download the latest installer for this.
- This will help in installing and running a lot of mods.
- Now install the software, while installing, select the directory as Skyrim in Skyrim 2/steam app/common
- Open Mod Organiser from the Skyrim Directory.
- Click SKSE from the drop-down menu. Now again select Edit from the same drop-down menu.
- Now change the binary path to where skske.exe is located. To find this file go to Skyrim folder where we recently installed the SKSE script.
How To Install Skyrim mod
- Go to the mods site of Nexus. Log in with your ID and password.
- nexusmods.com/skyrim/ is the mods site.
- Find a mod of your choice, which you want to install, now read the instructions carefully, if the mod requires some extra permissions or files. Please follow the instructions.
- Now go to the Files tab to see the installation files.
- Click on “Download with the manager” this will automatically use the handler mentioned above to download the mod.
- Be cautious with using mods. Some mods may deter your gameplay.
So this was our short tutorial on How to install Skyrim Mods. We hope the tutorial helped you in Installing Skyrim mods. If you have any problem with, How to Install Skyrim Mods, comment down below and we will make sure, we sort it out.