The time when the sources of accessing movies, series, live streams etc were very limited is long gone. Today any form of entertainment is just a few clicks away. Here, we will let you know how you can install Xfinity stream on FireStick in just 2 minutes.
What is Xfinity Stream?
Xfinity Stream is an app that was launched by Comcast to replace it’s previous Xfinity TV application. It is enabling the feature of “Watch anywhere, anytime” by providing live TV and on-demand content in good quality. It offers thousands of free shows and movies on any screen including download of DVR recordings.
How to install on Firestick or Fire TV?
Xfinity Stream is restricted in many regions hence there are two installation methods:
- Installing Xfinity Stream through Amazon App Store
- Installing Xfinity Stream using a Downloader App
How to Install Xfinity Stream App using Amazon App Store?
In regions were the Xfinity Stream app is not restricted, the app can be installed easily from Amazon App Store by following this simple method-
Tap on the Search icon on the Firestick Home screen.
Type Xfinity Stream using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
Choose the Xfinity Stream app on the searched results.
Click the get icon to download the app.
When the app is downloaded, click the open button to run the app.
finally you have downloaded Xfinity Stream app.
How to Install Xfinity Stream App using a Downloader app?
If you are not able to download the Xfinity Stream app from the official app store, it may be due to geo-restrictions imposed by the app. Xfinity Stream app and its media are only accessible for US users, People outside the US can not use the app with ease. You can use the sideloading method to download this app outside the US. In this case, the app can be downloaded by the following process-
- Go to the settings of your Firestick.
- Select Device/My Fire TV option.
- Navigate to the Developer option.
- By default, the Apps from Unknown Sources option is off, turn in on by clicking on it.
- Click “Turn on” option on the warning pop up message.
- Now open Downloader App on your Firestick
- Simply type the URL and click the Go button.
- Wait for the app to be downloaded.
- Once it’s done, click on the install option which will automatically appear on the screen.
- The app is installed in a few seconds.
(Note:- In order to overcome geographical based restrictions and to prevent your internet service provider from tracking your IP address, VPN service should be used. There are many VPN providers out there which can be accessed very easily.)
Why using Xfinity Stream app should he prefer?
Xfinity stream app is the 1st choice of many users because of it’s amazing features, which are –
- Stream all the same channels you get on your TV on any device while at home.
- Watch more than 200 of your favourite networks, live sports and news on the go.
2.Xfinity on demand
- Access your entire Xfinity On Demand library on any device while at home.
- Watch up to ten thousands of On Demand shows and movies on the go.
- Download Xfinity On Demand Purchases and watch offline.
3.X1 or Other Xfinity TV package with Cloud-Based DVR service
- Schedule and manage recordings from any device.
- Stream DVR recordings from anywhere.
- Download DVR recordings and watch offline.
How to use Xfinity Stream app once it is installed?
- Once the installation is finished, launch the app by clicking OPEN.
- Click GET STARTED once the app opens.
- Key in your credentials so you can log in and use the app.
This process of installation through a Downloader app is not as small as the Installation process through official sources yet it is an effective method which will not take more than your 2 minutes if you know the process.
Now you can watch your favourite movies, shows, sports and a lot more using Xfinity Stream on your Firestick. Xfinity Stream app is a one-stop destination for fighting boredom and unlocking entertainment effectively.
Geeky Boi is tech enthusiastic who loves to explore about new technology and Share it with you people. He is Podcaster and Content creator.