As the second wave of the new Coronavirus continues to sweep across the country, smartphone maker Poco today announced that it will extend warranties on its smartphones for an additional 2 months.
The company made the announcement via a press release, and also on Twitter, saying that the company believes that “Nothing is more important than the well-being of our employees, consumers, and members of the Poco family, and of everyone who has partnered with us.”
We know that the last few months have been extremely difficult for everyone. To make things easier, we are expanding ??? ???????? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ?????? *. Everything, for your safety.
* For all those whose guarantee expires in the month of May / June. pic.twitter.com/pY984k78UG
– POCO India – Register for vaccines ?? (@IndiaPOCO) May 12, 2021
It is noteworthy that warranties are not being extended for all Poco phones out there. Instead, the company will apply the two-month extension to phones whose warranties expire in May or June this year.
Furthermore, the company also announced that it is pausing its launches for now and will not be moving forward with any smartphone launches in May. “Additionally, Poco India has consciously decided not to launch any launches in May 2021.” the company said. Throws can also be paused more. “We are pausing our new releases as we hope the situation improves.” said Poco’s tweet.
Poco is not the first company to cancel launches in India during the pandemic. Previously, Realme canceled its launch event, and there are reports that Asus has delayed the launch of the ZenFone 8. Vivo and Micromax also canceled product launches this month due to the Coronavirus pandemic. In the meantime, if you are looking to ensure your safety during these difficult times, here is a list of COVID-19 resources you can refer to.
Thanks For Reading 🙂
EAT < SLEEP < TECH< REPEAT