When searching for files Windows 7 can I search by author?
Search filters are a new feature in Windows 7 that make searching for files based on their properties (e.g. by author or file size) much easier.
Can you search files by author?
If your documents were created using Microsoft Word, “Author” should be part of the metadata. You can check this for each file by typing Right click on it and choose Properties.“And then select the” Details “tab.
How do I search files in Windows 7?
Here’s how to search for a file or folder using the Windows 7 Start menu
- Open the start menu and enter a search term in the search field below. The search field and the results in the start menu. …
- Click the Show more results link. …
- When you find the file you want, double-click it to open it.
Why can’t I search for files in Windows 7?
Windows 7 search does not work: Identify problems
Open the Control Panel and under “System and Security” select Find and fix problems. You need to be in category view to see this. 4. Once the troubleshooter finishes detecting problems, click Next and select the “Files are not showing up in search results” check box.
How do I do an advanced search in Windows 7?
Advanced Search – Windows 7
- Open the Windows 7 Start menu, enter “Folder Options” and click the first entry displayed.
- In the Folder Options dialog box, click the Search tab. …
- Under “What to Find”, click the “Always find file names and contents” option.
How do I search for a filename?
- Press the Windows Key, and then type part or all of the file name you want to find. …
- In the search results, click the Documents, Music, Photos, or Videos section heading to view a list of files that match the search criteria.
- Click the filename you want to open.
How do I search for files in Windows 10?
Here’s how to search the system tray on a Windows 10 computer
- In the search bar on the left side of your taskbar, next to the Windows button, type the name of the app, document, or file you’re looking for.
- From the listed search results, click the one that matches your search.
How do I search all music files in Windows 7?
Click the “Start” button in Windows and enter a search term in the search function at the bottom the menu. If you know the name of the file you are looking for, just type it in and press Enter. A list of search results is returned, including the audio file you were looking for, if it exists on your computer.
How do I change my search settings in Windows 7?
How to customize Windows 7 search settings
- Choose Start → Documents. In the upper left pane, click the down arrow next to Organize. …
- Use the tips below to make the changes you want to Windows 7 search options. …
- When you are satisfied with the results, click OK.
Why doesn’t the search in File Explorer work?
If File Explorer Search is not responding, The first thing you can do is restart your File Explorer. To do this, just press Windows + X and choose Task Manager from the menu. From the pop-up windows, find and select the Windows Explorer process and click the Restart button.
Where is the search box in Windows 7?
In Windows 7, the search box can be found in the top right corner of each folder. Try this by opening your documents folder. Click in the search field and start entering your search term. You will see results as soon as you start typing.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about When searching for files Windows 7 can I search by author?. Did you find it helpful? Do you have any doubts? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#searching #files #Windows #search #author
He is a Tech Savy Gamer who burn his calorie by sharing his knowledge through this blog, specializing in Web Developer, Design, Programming web applications and various other tech skills. He loves to play different types of Games in his free time.